Dungeon Crawl Classics
Experience Points and Levels
Level / XP Required
• All character classes use the same advancement table.
• Each encounter is worth from 0 to 4 XP , and those XP are not earned merely by killing monsters, disarming traps, looting treasure, or completing a quest. Rather, successfully surviving encounters earns the characters XP in DCC RPG. A typical encounter is worth 2 XP , and the system scales from 0 to 4 depending on difficulty.
• All characters that participate in the encounter receive the same XP .
• The judge determines how much XP is awarded.
• Characters level up when they reach the XP threshold for the next level.
• The level thresholds become progressively higher. The number of “average adventures” required to advance to each subsequent level is higher than the preceding level.